About Pharm-Olam International:
Pharm-Olam International is a mid-size Contract Research Organization (CRO) that has a massive global reach. We are a company that strives to deliver cost-effective, quick-to-market clinical services in today’s emerging marketplace. Pharm-Olam has one of the largest global footprints of any CRO today and we are committed to not only maintain our standard, but to continue to strengthen our presence even further. We offer a unique working environment with a global team culture, competitive salary and benefits package.
The Associate Attorney position will report to General Counsel and will be expected to provide a broad range of legal analysis, services, support and counsel, primarily in the areas of multi country management.
This is a full-time direct hire role located in our Houston, Texas Headquarters' office.
To provide legal services, support, analysis & counsel including but not limited to,
• Establishing new entities & branches internationally; Communicating, assisting, and providing documents to local counsel in other countries to assist in corporate matters.
• Keeping aware of and meeting upcoming deadlines for country compliance and filing matters.
• Obtain and provide Apostille documents to local counsel or country personnel as needed.
• Draft POA’s for various country personnel’s.
General corporate and compliance matters, including:
• Amending and advising on a wide range of transactional matters, such as CDAs , MSAs, and vendor agreements.
• Research and summarize relevant policies, codes, laws. Etc.;
• Handle and advise Human Resources on legal matters.
• Draft position statements for any EEOC claims that may arise.
• Assist in meditation for EEOC claims
• Assisting with development of policies and trainings as needed;
• Advising on the interpretation of legal documents and applicable laws and regulations in a manner that provides practical legal advice while properly managing risk to the organization;
• Leading special projects as assigned.
• Working closely with other members in the Legal team to ensure consistency in approach across areas of the overall business and providing support for areas outside of his/her primary areas of responsibility as needed.
• Advise on GDPR/HIPAA matters and concerns in regards to new vendors or policies.
• Maintaining and updating invoices for the legal budget analysis.
Contract and Proposal responsibilities including;
• Assist in drafting corporate contracts and documents
• Review and draft international agreements with hospitals and clients
• Review and draft international agreements with Vendors, IT providers, and other service providers as essential services to organizations performance.
• Conduct interdepartmental interviews for improved efficiency and strategy
• Have ability to forecast risk and develop plans on risk mitigation.
Other duties as needed
Due to the number of inquiries, we are unable to respond to each inquiry. Candidates of interest, matching the above qualifications will be contacted for further consideration.
PRINCIPALS ONLY, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.